My practice philosophy is to provide the best possible dental care for children in a friendly environment and to advocate for the children's welfare in any way that I can. I enjoy seeing children who perhaps have been afraid of what we do for them, then develop trust and a positive attitude toward dentistry. After more than 35 years of continuous private practice, I still enjoy working with families every day and helping keep children in good oral health.
- Associate of Arts – Cerritos College, California State University-Long Beach
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery – University of Southern California School of Dentistry
- Certification in advanced pediatric dentistry – University of Southern California School of Dentistry
- Certificate in hospital dentistry – Rancho Los Amigos Hospital-Downey, California
- Certificate in cleft lip/palate rehabilitation – Rancho Los Amigos Hospital
As a professional, there are a number of courses that I take each year in order to advance my skills in providing excellent care for my patients. It's about keeping abreast of the latest research and techniques in pediatric medicine and dentistry.
I have been on the teaching staff of the University of Southern California School of Dentistry since 1980 and work with the Advanced Pediatric Dentistry Residency Program on a part-time basis. I have also participated on the medical staff at Miller Children’s Hospital and Long Beach Memorial Medical Center. I have been on several committees there and have served on the governing board of directors for more than eight years.
I enjoy working within communities, both locally and internationally. I work with Mission of Mercy-type dental clinics in California on behalf of the California Dental Association, and have participated in dental missions in many countries with the International Health Emissaries.
- American Dental Association
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- California Society of Pediatric Dentistry
- California Dental Association
- Harbor Dental Society
"I like to inspire and motivate my team members to enjoy what we do and to train them to help me deliver excellent care. I like the positive attitude and great energy that they bring to our team. They bring new ideas for discussion and are excited when we adopt and implement those ideas. I enjoy seeing them develop and grow personally and professionally. I encourage them to advance their skills through continuing education to develop their clinical skills as well as their customer service skills."