Meet Dr. Planells
Dr. Planells has been in dental practice since 2004 when she joined Pediatric Dental Specialists as a recent graduate from the UCLA Combined Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontic Program. She received her Doctor of Dental Surgery from UCLA, where she graduated in the top 5% of her class and was invited to join the Omicron Kappa Upsilon Honor Society. She received her pediatric dentistry and orthodontic specialty training at UCLA, and went on to become board certified in Pediatric Dentistry in 2007. Dr. Planells currently holds a Lecturer Faculty position at UCLA where she has worked with the pediatric dental residents.
During her free time, Dr. Planells enjoys spending time outdoors with her husband and two young daughters, volunteering in the classroom, and serving as Treasurer for her daughters’ Girls Scout Troop.
- Bachelor Science, Biology- UCLA
- Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) - UCLA School of Dentistry, Omicron Kappa Upsilon Honor Society (top 5% of class)
- Combined Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontic Residency - UCLA School of Dentistry
- Diplomate, American Board of Pediatric Dentistry
- American Association of Orthodontists
- American Dental Association
- California Dental Association
- Pacific Coast Society of Orthodontists
- Harbor Dental Society
- California Society of Pediatric Dentistry
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
Share Your Experience with Us
See our practice through the eyes of our patients! Share your experiences with
Pediatric Dental Specialists using the hashtag #lbpds200
Everyone at your office is very friendly and professional, caring and understanding. Your work to accommodate children with special needs is highly commendable and appreciated tremendously.Andrew K.
Dr. Cortez is amazing! His gentle nature makes going to the dentist a joy for both of our kids! The dental hygienists are quick and efficient with cleanings, so the kids are finished before even thinking about it. The office staff is amazing as well!Isabella L.
Dr. Sanchez is a superb dentist who took the time to explain to my child exactly what she needed to do to maintain acceptable oral health. Words from a caring professional work better than ‘nagging’ from mom! Thank you!Elena M.
Follow us on Facebook to learn more about our practice.